If you want to purchase a lawn sign for both indoor and outdoor use, the first thing you need to consider is the material of the sign. There are a variety of materials available for lawn signs including metal, plywood, board, and plastic. Each material is uniquely significant than the others and some of them are suitable for certain events.
However, one material that you should prioritize while purchasing your lawn sign is the coroplast. In this article, we will discuss the uses of coroplast as well as the benefits of coroplast lawn signs. Before beginning, let’s see what coroplast is.
What is Coroplast?
Coroplast is nothing but one kind of corrugated plastic. Most people use coroplast in their lawn signs. Corrugated materials consist of a liner that is made by sandwiching two flat layers. The inner layer of the coroplast is created by a series of furrows and ridges. This makes the material durable. Coroplast is also known as ‘plastic cardboard’ due to its appearance and design.
What Are the Uses of Coroplast?
Coroplast can be used in different applications. Most people are unaware of this material. However, some common and simple uses of coroplast are:
- Lawn Signs: Many people prefer using lawn signs that are made from coroplast material. This helps them to effortlessly advertise their business as coroplast is highly durable and waterproof.
- Food Packaging: Some companies use coroplast materials to package vegetables or fruits from the farmers.
- Billboards: As coroplast is waterproof and weather-resistant, many billboards are created from coroplast.
- Industrial Use: Coroplast is also great for some industrial applications like providing a foundation for partitions.
- Dividers: Dividers that distinguish two items in a package are often created from coroplast material.
Benefits of Coroplast Lawn Signs
Do you know why you should choose coroplast over other materials for your lawn sign? It is because the coroplast has tons of benefits.
- Weather-Resistant: Coroplast is an extremely weather-resistant material. The material is so good that it won’t melt even in extreme heat. Additionally, it won’t become sloppy in rain or brittle in the cold. Because of this weather-resistant feature, you can use coroplast lawn signs for both indoor and outdoor purposes.
- Recyclable: According to Thoughtco, coroplast lawn signs are recyclable as they are made from polypropylene. So, if you notice that your coroplast lawn sign is damaged or broken, you can recycle it easily. On the other hand, the recycled coroplast law sign is useful to make a brush, plastic funnel, broom, and bike rack.
- Durable: Apart from being weather-resistant, coroplast lawn signs are highly durable. Because of this robust property, it’s not easy to damage coroplast signs. Additionally, they can withstand extreme pressure. This is why you can use them for many years.
- Lightweight: You can easily carry or transport coroplast lawn signs are they are super lightweight. It will help you to reduce the shopping cost of the material.
- You Can Design on Both Sides: Unlike other lawn signs, you can print your design on both sides of the coroplast lawn sign.
What Coroplast Options are Available?
No matter if you want a large coroplast lawn sign to boost the visibility or some bold colors to enhance the readability, coroplast lawn signs come in various options such as:
Although you can use coroplast for many years, don’t forget that it requires some maintenance. Coroplast lawn signs have a lifespan of more than 9 years. But, if you fail to maintain, they will lose their long life. Always clean your sign with hot water, soap, and a soft brush. Additionally, don’t expose your sign to direct sunlight as UV rays can damage or weaken the plastic.