We get it: finding love online can be hard! This can feel especially if you identify as one of the “plus-sized” ladies out there, but we’re not here to judge. We’re here to give you good news! No matter your weight, you can find a man online, and with the tips & tricks we’ll be giving you below, you’re sure to have more dates than you have time! Sounds all good and great, but show us some results, right? Well, keep reading & you’ll have them soon enough!
The Modern Dating Landscape
If you went back even a few decades, the idea of BBW dating hadn’t quite taken off. However, these days we have highly successful plus-sized celebrities like Queen Latifah & Carnie Wilson to give us inspiration (and hope) for our romantic lives, proving it’s possible to find “the one” no matter what size you’re at. That said, we are going to keep things realistic, and unfortunately, that begins the second you step out the door: not every guy you run into on the street is going to be interested in dating a plus-sized girl. This is why looking for a partner IRL is a waste of time! It’s important to give yourself the best odds, and the best way to do that is by taking your romantic pursuits to an online dating service.
Why Dating Online is Better
There are many benefits of online dating, especially when it comes to BBW dating, but the main one is there are more men! Only dating men you run into throughout your day limits your options, leaving you at the mercy of chance. However, once you log onto a dating site, you won’t have to search anymore: the men will message you! Depending on the site you use, it’s possible you’ll only get a few messages a day. It’s also possible that you’ll receive hundreds each day, especially if you sign up for a service specifically designed for guys interested in BBWs. Remember, you don’t have to stick to just one site, so we’d recommend just trying out whichever site looks the most interesting first, rather than trying multiple sites at once. Now that you know where to do it, here are some tips on how to do it.
Getting a Man in Ten Tips or Less
Plus-sized women might have some different struggles than our skinner counterparts, but for the most part, online dating techniques remain the same. Here’s what you need to do for your next online profile!
- Upload lots of photos. Guys like to see your whole body, so post full body shots in addition to selfies!
- Complete your profile. The more information you provide, the more you’ll have to talk about.
- Say what you’re looking for. You don’t want to waste time trying to romance a fellow who only wants to hook up. Be clear about what you want.
- Stay active online. Profiles that stay active show up first!
- Check your messages regularly. Most men message more than one girl. If you want to get a date, be ready to message back right away!
- Don’t be afraid to send the first message. It’s 2022. He won’t care that you messaged first; he’ll just be glad you want to chat.
- It’s OK to set up more than one date. There’s no guarantee that your first date will be “the one,” so don’t be afraid to set up multiple dates while you look for a man.
- Ask about his interests. This will help you determine if his lifestyle matches with yours.
- Mention your “likes.” If he’s going to romance you, he’ll need to know what you like. Help him out a bit!
- Mention your “dislikes.” If you don’t let him know what turns you off, he won’t know until it’s already too late.
- Enjoy the perks of online dating. Don’t be afraid to enjoy your online dating journey to the fullest, and you’ll soon see the results.