The banking industry is replete with manual and operational tasks. With an ever-increasing amount of data to be dealt with daily, banks are gradually adopting RPA technology to help them save costs and enhance customer satisfaction.
RPA in banking can automate the high-volume operational tasks and help their employees focus on more strategic and high-impact tasks. What makes RPA a very adaptable tech solution for banks is its ability to automate repetitive processes without overhauling the entire existing legacy systems. With RPA, banks can automate many functional areas like account closure processes, audits, QA processing, data verification, etc., among other use cases. Let us look at some of the use cases of RPA in the banking industry:
- Customer Onboarding: Custom onboarding processes in banking are far from simple. Manual verification of customer IDs, checking document validations, filling out accurate details from different systems, running KYC (Know-Your-Customers) compliances require a lot of time and effort. The entire process of onboarding is operational, repetitive, and error-prone.
RPA solutions can help automate this process. RPA programs can collate information from various sources and verify the same against the set guidelines. For cases that require human intervention, the same can be passed on to the employees for review. And for the routine issues, RPA can carry out the tasks on its own, thereby saving time, reducing errors, speeding up the process, and creating an overall better customer experience.
- Contact Center Optimization: Banks receive a humongous amount of customer queries daily. Daily answering all these queries puts a lot of pressure on the limited number of employees. Long hours and demanding targets lead to high agent attrition rates and mounting expenses. A limited number of employees also means longer wait times for the customers and, therefore, poor customer service and higher customer churn.
Robotic Process Automation tools and chatbots can easily automate routine queries based on account transactions and balance. RPA bots embedded with conversational AI can answer the basic questions, whereas the more complex queries which require human intervention can be passed on to the relevant executive.
- Loan Application Process: Loan application is an excruciating process both for the customers and the employees who process thousands of applications each day. Data extraction from multiple emails, PDFs, attention to detail, lengthy paperwork, abiding by regulatory compliances, etc., make the entire process error-prone and slow.
With RPA, the mundane parts of the process can be easily automated. RPA bots can be programmed to extract information from multiple documents and verify the same against various sources. RPA bots with machine learning capabilities can also detect fraud and flag the application for further review.
- Automated Report Generation: Generating reports day in and day out is exhaustive for the employees. Month ends are especially more tiring with long hours spent in compiling month-end reports.
With the help of robotic process automation bots, your company can easily automate the cumbersome process of collecting, processing, and interpreting data from various sources. RPA can help you convert the time-consuming and tedious process of report generation into a simple automated process. It helps minimize data errors and saves your employees’ time, which can be invested in more strategic tasks and decisions.
- Credit Card Processing – Credit card application processing is another good candidate for RPA automation. Credit card issuance typically takes days to validate the details provided by the customer, verify all the documents, make background checks, and finally approve the credit card. The long wait times amounts to customer dissatisfaction and might even lead them to cancel their requests.
RPA can speed up the entire process to a mere few hours. Making credit and background checks, collating information from various sources, verifying documents, etc., can be streamlined easily using RPA bots. It will help issue credit cards much faster, thereby improving efficiency and increasing customer satisfaction.
Benefits of robotic process automation in banking include scalability, increased operational efficiency, cost-effectiveness, better ROI, and faster implementation. Banks are increasingly adopting RPA as a part of their workforce, alongside human employees.
The correct implementation of RPA is essential. Identifying the right processes for automation, conducting thorough assessments, and having a comprehensive execution strategy are crucial elements that your RPA partner should consider before implementing Robotic Process Automation services.
At Maruti Techlabs, we have worked on various use cases ranging from report automation, customer service, service desk automation, employee onboarding, and more. We work hand in hand with you to establish an RPA roadmap, choose the right tools, create a PoC, perform governance, set up the team, and test the solution before going live.
Are you interested in learning more about how RPA can serve you? Please get in touch with us HERE.